8.16.2011

"Ugly Potholders", and "What Goes Here..?"

This summer I've been running around the house like a crazy chicken trying to organize, sort, purge, beautify...prepare the roost for yet another little one! The nesting instinct is especially strong with me this time around, as I often wonder how we are going to fit yet another body (and all of it's accessories) in our already bulging seems..!

I have had an empty curtain rod on my kitchen window for at least a year now, and have been considering, and reconsidering what exactly it is I need to put up there...trying to use fabrics from my stock pile...plain panels, roman blinds, patterned or not..? The only problem is, nothing is quite large enough so it means measuring and re-measuring, and piecing things together...arrgh. And I just don't have that kind of patience for my sewing machine right now! (I imagine I'll be back later for opinions on that one.. ;)

Soooo....through some bizarre hormonal logic, and overwhelming feelings of un-accomplishment, I needed to make pot holders instead. I call them my ugly pot holders because my intention was to make them in as few steps as possible, with as little measuring as possible (or stitch-ripping), and I certainly wasn't going to bother with the ironing board! :) I like them. The fabric is an old sweaty dress shirt of my hubby's..but I didn't use the sweaty parts, so no worries. ;)

And after 5 years of not having anything up on our bedroom walls, I also decided that it was very important that I hang up the kids' baby footprints..and this is what I came up with. I see now, they look a little crooked...

But I ask you, which looks better, the grey canvas, or the red clay piece (both the same kid, so it doesn't matter if 1 doesn't make the cut ;)? And I also ask you...what do I put in the frames??! (I have some purple, green, and black craft papers, or do I stick with the monochromatic look? Such a trivial question, I know, but you that have been pregnant will surely understand how it is so incredibly important that I get it right! Teehee.. ;) Rrelp! Thanks for your help, it's needed and appreciated!!

No comments: